December 26, 2013

My Style: Mustang Sally


Today's Look:  includes a knitted horse print sweater, denim short overalls, knee highs, and cut-out ankle boots.  It was a warm, sunny winter's day, so I thought it would be fun to wear shorts with thigh-high socks.  To start the look off, I chose the cut-off overalls and horse print sweater.  Since I've grown up in Arizona, I'm used to cowboys, ranchers, and farmers.  I, however, am allergic to animals and a city girl at heart, so with this outfit I had fun wearing overalls and horses since it's about as close as I will ever get to being a cowgirl.  To match the sweater, I chose thick, knitted, thigh-high socks and chunky ankle boots.  Finishing off the look, I wore heart-shaped, peace sign, dangle earrings, round sunglasses, two rings, and a black studded backpack.


Outfit Details:  Sweater c/o Charlotte Russe , Overalls by Hippie Laundry at Tilly's (Tucson, Arizona), Thigh-Highs at Basement Marketplace (Flagstaff, Arizona), Ankle-Boots by Steve Madden at 6pm.com, Backpack by PINK at Victoria's Secret (Prescott, Arizona), Earrings & Black Band Ring at Earthbound Trading Co. (Flagstaff, Arizona), Sunglasses at urbanog.com, Silver Multi Ring from Forever 21 (Scottsdale, Arizona).


Fashion Tip:  Overalls have been around since the 1700s with most worn by workmen, but these days cut-off overalls or "shortalls" are a modern twist on the old classic. Definitely sexy, tomboy chic!




Denim overall links found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment